Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Huh. What's going on?

Not quite sure what's happening with this body of mine.  I'm tired - bone weary.  And by "bone weary" I mean "My bones, especially in my legs, ache like crazy."  I can hardly run, and last time I got on the bike (Monday) I could barely hold 12 mph for 70 mins, and I was absolutely exhausted for two days afterwards. Slightly different than the 150 minutes of 16mph I was zipping out a couple of months ago.  

I miss it, and I'm frustrated at my lack of energy and fitness.  I would like to be able to run - I remember the joy it brought - and cycling fast was just plain FUN, man! =D  But I'm just soooo tired, and all I want to do is eat and sleep.

This is a new thing for me.  Even minor things (Making cookies for Cub Scouts.  Teaching my class on Sunday.  Taking Andrew to the orthodontist) I find completely overwhelming and need to rest afterwards.  My iron levels are fine (I had them tested), so I can't figure out what's going on.  Maybe it's time to get my butt back to the doctor.  Blllaaahhhh.  I'd rather just crawl in bed....

In other news, Emily moved to Seattle, and loved it. However, as soon as she was there she felt very strongly she needed to go back to Utah and finish up her education, so she's heading back there this weekend.

Ben is holding down two jobs and is saving for a car. Although he lives with us, we don't see him much.  He's basically here to sleep and that's it.

Andrew's having a very relaxed 3rd grade year.  He has his tutorial, archery, skating, swim team, gym class, and regular homeschool.  Doesn't sound relaxed, hey?  But it really is.  We read a lot.  The past few weeks he has really started to LOVE reading.  I bought him the first Percy Jackson book and he's devouring it.  =)


Andrew was a gunslingin' sheriff for Halloween. =)


Speaking of gunslinging, a friend of ours took us shooting a couple of weeks ago.  I'd never even touched a gun before, so it was quite the experience.  We shot a .22, a .45, a traditional revolver, and an assault rifle.  It was great fun.  

Here's Andrew shooting the revolver.  It had quite the kick.  We both preferred the .22.  The assault rifle was pretty dang fun too, though I never did get the hang of lining up the sights.




We go on a family bike ride as many Saturdays as we can manage.  Bert and Andrew go on the tandem that Bert built.  Here's Andrew on top of Pulltight Hill.  He was pretty proud of his accomplishment. =)





3 comments:

NattyBumpo said...

When lining up the sights it should look like the front sight is sitting in the rear sight, all nice and cozy-like.

How have you been, besides tired? I'll visit way more frequently, I promise. I'm back too, I've got an idea that will force me to write more.

Raina R. said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and that all of your energy returns for Christmas day!
My 3rd grader loves to shoot too :)

Jill said...

I hope you're feeling better and less tired - although I'm sure the holidays don't really help. It's so frustrating to find an answer sometimes.

Merry Christmas to you and wonderful family!!