Thursday, April 07, 2011

About Me ABCs

I haven't done one of these in ages, and have felt quite uninspired in the blogging department, so when Jen posted this "About Me" I thought I'd nick it.

Age: 41

Bed Size: King

Chore You Hate: All of them.

Dogs: Maus, a Japanese chin, who's about to pop his clogs.

Essential Start of Your Day
: Prayer, run.

Favorite Color
: purple

Gold or Silver:
gold

Height: 5'2"

Instruments You Play: Piano. I used to play descant recorder, treble recorder, and clarinet, but not anymore.

Job Title: Mum. The best title ever.

Kids: Emily - 20, Ben - 15, Andrew - 6

Live: TN

Mom's Name:
Sandra

Nicknames: Don't really have any.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Penicillin reaction when I was a kid, baby deliveries, ovarian cyst. I think that's it.

Pet Peeve: I'm sure I have so many I can't think of any right now. Hmmm. One is when people use the wrong word their/there/they're, your/you're, its/it's. It REALLY irritates me that iphone *always* autocorrects to put in an apostrophe so I've been known to send texts with incorrect grammar and it drives me BANANAS ie "let's" instead of lets. Grrrr.

Quote From a Movie: You want only ONE movie quote? Uhhhh. Hmm. Because I read Jen's quote all I can think now is Napoleon Dynamite ones. =P
"You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face when I'm wearing these bad boys? Fugeddaboutit."
"Take my arm. Other arm. MY other arm..."
"....the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, the wisdom of a man..." =D =D
"I love technology, but not as much as you you see, but still I love technology..."
"Why you so sweaty?"
"I wish you'd get out of my life and shut up!" (My teen says that to me, tongue in cheek, occasionally.)


Right- or Left-Handed: Right

Siblings: 2 sisters; one older, one younger.

Time You Wake Up: 5.25am to take the teen to seminary.

Underwear: white

Veggie You Dislike: Kale, turnip, jicama,

What Makes You Run Late:
procrastination, and the fact that the 6yo has a physical inability to move at anything faster than snails pace. "Hurry up. HURRY UP! RUN! RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" yields no appreciable increase in speed.

X-Rays You Have Had: Dental, Ultra Sounds

Yummy food you make: Sweet rice pudding - a recipe I got from a Jewish cookbook way back when the 20 year old was a 5th grader. I love that stuff. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who does. *sigh*.

Zoo Animal You Like Best: Huh. Do they have manatees in zoos? If so, the manatee.

That was fun. =)

How about you? Copy and past this list to your blog and after you fill it out, leave a comment so I can come see. =)

5 comments:

Small Town Runner said...

Keeley! I love this...the grammar thing gets me too- but not on iphone and don't check MY grammar =D

Mine is posted somewhere in Feb, I think ...Glad to see you back!

jugglingpaynes said...

Do ultrasounds count as x-rays? Or do we use the term to mean anything that looks into your body without benefit of scalpel? :o) I must have had about a bazillion chest x-rays over the years, routine dental and two ultrasounds, one for pregnancy, one to check for kidney stones. Oh and a mammogram.

How come there is a category for dogs and not cats? Is it possible I shouldn't be reading memes late at night because my brain free associates? Hmmm.....

Peace and Laughter!

Jill said...

These are really fun to read :).

I like to think my grammar is a little on the OCD side, but you'd never know by my typing skills.

Happy Weekend!

Jillian said...

Do you listen to the song, "I'm a Manatee" by John Lithgow? We enjoy it. ;)

Emily Sarah Brooks said...

Nice Mom! I stole it from you :)