Sunday, January 02, 2011

First post of the New Year - and I'm waffling about nothing in particular. As usual. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Confession
I can hear my daughter and her two friends in her bedroom. I turn to my husband and say something that I have censored because while it's funny it could also be taken the wrong way and be hurtful even though it's not meant that way.
This makes my husband laugh and declare, "I love you!"

Apparently it's an untypical thing for a woman to say. I will add that to my list of non-womanly traits:
1. I hate shopping
2. I really hate clothes shopping
3. I don't know why anyone needs more than 3 pairs of shoes. 4 max.
4. I really hate talking on the phone.
5. I don't know why anyone needs more than 4 outfits. 5, maybe.
6. I'm not telling you this one because it's none of your business so nyah!

At this moment in time I have a TON of outfits because my friend went through her wardrobe and gave me a bunch of clothes. I currently own more clothes than I think I've ever owned in my life.

Of course, none of the above applies to running stuff. I have 3 prs running shoes
- My old old ones which are now my biking shoes
- My old ones which are my everyday walking-around shoes
- My ones that I run in now

I think it's perfectly obvious to any sane-minded person that I need at least one, if not two more pairs of running shoes.

Furthermore, one can never have too many running capris/skirts/tights/trousers/tops etc. I need more.

I would like to qualify the above statements, "I hate shopping, I really hate clothes shopping", adding the rider "unless it's shopping for running stuff."

Though truth be told I have a limit for that too. But I only reach that limit after several hours rather than five minutes.


This is not what I wanted to write for my first blogpost of 2011
But it's what's in my mind. Therefore, it's what is on the page.


There is one unwomanly trait that I definitely do not have. I definitely do not like watching sports. Boooorrriiing. I couldn't care less about football, American football, rugby, golf, basketball, baseball, or any other thing like unto them.

I AM interested in ultrarunners though. And I do really like freestyle motocross. And I'm vaguely interested in snowboarding. And suchlike stuff.

Alright. I had something else to say. What was it? Oh yes.

Running
My other hip hurts now. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!!!!???!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Hellooooooooo - I believe I have 45 miles planned this upcoming week. I don't have time for this.

So. I think I'll just jump in where I am and see how my body holds out. Hahaha. =D If it complains too vigorously I'll slow down a bit. Or not. We shall see what this week brings. This whole training-for-an-ultra thing is an experiment anyway, just to see if I can do it. I'm learning as I go.

I'm shutting up now. For I must plan my menu for next week. Want to know what it is? =) Me too. I'll let you know when I'm done. Maybe. If I remember.


Church
Oh Oh OH!!! I wanted to tell you this last time I wrote but I couldn't because he hadn't officially been called yet - but my dh has been called as Gospel Doctrine teacher. Yeah, my calling! =) Which means we'll be team teaching WHOOOT! Hopefully this means we will spend many spiritual hours together, not that we'll rip each other's heads off in disagreements on which direction to take the class. Haha! And hopefully this doesn't bruise my fragile ego as he's pretty good practically perfect in everything he puts his mind to.

Nervous? Me?

8 comments:

danny said...

woman-like trait #1: differentiating between "clothes" and "outfits"

Welcome to 2011!

Emily Sarah Brooks said...

I know what #6 is!!! nah nah! I do apologize for our rambunctiousness. Can't help it. Volume is directly proportional to the amount of fun we're having together.

Keeley said...

@Danny - I beg to differ; "outfits" is simply a synonym for "clothes"
And to you! =) Hope it's a fabulous one for you.

@Beloved daughter - I do not know what you're thinking (though I'd really like to know) but what you think I'm thinking is not correct. You do not know #6 either. But if you ask, I will tell you.

We know. =) That's why we didn't come in and say "Oi! Keep it down!" after we'd reminded you that Andrew was asleep and the volume didn't abate. =D We like it that you have so much fun with your friends. We like your friends too. =)

ERG said...

I love how you switch gears in your posts like it's free thought...:) I always blog in my head a train of thought thing, but by the time I actually have 2 minutes to blog, everything cool is GONE.

I almost was a=on par with you on everything, excpet motocross...when I came to the part of running shoes I realized your disclaimer.

HAHAHAH I am SO with you! I have 2 or three pairs of regular shoes which I have pretty much stopped wearing except to go to curch. I am afraid I will twist an ankle in anything "nice" , and besides I can't waste the 1,235,357 retired shoes I have collecting dust.

Any idea what's up with the hip? Have you done any ST since you lost the baby? You don't have to answer...just letting you know I had weaker hips than I thought still 5 months after Levi was born and got injured from some hill work. Warm up well!! Be safe! Replace your shoes if they are due!
And big hugs for the New Year!!

MildSauce said...

I just wore the same jeans 8 days in a row. Their not done yet.....

Heather the Mama Duk said...

A kindred spirit! I knew I loved you for a reason.

1. I hate shopping.
2. I loathe clothes shopping.
3. I'm happy with two pairs of shoes (dress shoes and regular shoes) which makes many women look at me like I am insane when I mention that fact. Each of my kids and my husband have two pairs as well.
4. I can't stand talking on the phone.
5. Totally get not needing more than 4 or 5 outfits. I've blogged about that in past, too, in fact. Again, makes most women look at me like I have three heads so I tend not to mention it. Of course pictures of us really show how few outfits we have.

So I'm totally and completely wondering about #6 now.

mosheppo said...

<<hates shopping too. I just stick to striped shirts now. moBoy says you almost tried hot hot cocoa. its really good. You will like it!!!

Keeley said...

Mildsauce!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I miss you like the dickens! How are you doing? Are you well? I love it that you wore the same jeans 8 days in a row. That way they're all soft & comfy. =)

@Heather - #6 is kinda naughty. =P

@Mo - I have bought the ingredients!!! Now just need to get off my bum and make it. =)