Friday, January 28, 2011

The colour purple

I picked up my phone and noticed something. And it caused me to look around. And here's what I saw.

I saw my computer, which is purple, the desktop of which has purple hues. The border of Firefox also has purple hues. The toolbar has a pic of a woman holding a massive gun. That's neither here nor there. Except for the fact that I like that pic.

My mouse is blue, because I couldn't find a purple one.

My iphone has a purple case on it.

I have a pen case next to my computer. It's purple. Sitting on top of it is a purple fountain pen and a purple micro pen thingie. I don't know what it's called. Inside the purple pen case are:
a purple rubber
a purple dry erase marker
a purple sharpie
a purple not-fountain pen
a purple biro
another purple fountain pen
a silver and blue fountain pen (we'll ignore those)
a purple ruler
two purple sharpeners
a purple fly named Farley (don't ask)
two purple pencil grips
four blue ink cartridges (ignore)
a green and blue pencil grip (ignore)
a scripture marking pen (red)
two more purple biros
and a purple pencil.

To the left of my computer are a pair of purple earbuds.

I am currently wearing a jumper. Sweater. Whatever. Same thing, different language. Anyway, I'm wearing it. Guess what colour it is?


Ok. Now guess my favourite colour.

8 comments:

C2Iowa said...

Blue? ha ha

Small Town Runner said...

I like purple. Calming. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

You like the most awesome color ever!
I try to give the other colors equal time, myself, but I have to admit I favor purple.

Peace and Laughter!

John Nguyen said...

Lavender? =)

MichaelRunner said...

Red, no blue! Wait... both.

Keeley said...

You're all so dang smart!

@C2Iowa - actually, yes! =D I love blue. I wear it a lot and gravitate towards it for stuff like clothes, cars, houses etc (seriously. My favourite house was blue. And we currently own a bright blue VW bus)

@SmallTownRunner & Cristina - All Hail the Cool Purple Lovers! Whooot! =)

@ John - YES! I love lavender. =)

And, for you, MichaelRunner - especially for you, because your answer was dang funny and it also reminded me of this scene. Enjoy:

LAUNCELOT: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.
KEEPER: What is your name?
LAUNCELOT: My name is Sir Launcelot of Camelot.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
LAUNCELOT: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is your favorite color?
LAUNCELOT: Blue.
KEEPER: Right. Off you go.
LAUNCELOT: Oh, thank you. Thank you very much.
ROBIN: That's easy!
KEEPER: Stop! Who approaches the Bridge of Death must answer me
these questions three, 'ere the other side he see.
ROBIN: Ask me the questions, bridge-keeper. I'm not afraid.
KEEPER: What is your name?
ROBIN: Sir Robin of Camelot.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
ROBIN: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is the capital of Assyria?
ROBIN: I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!
KEEPER: Stop! What is your name?
GALAHAD: Sir Galahad of Camelot.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
GALAHAD: I seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is your favorite color?
GALAHAD: Blue. No yel-- Auuuuuuuugh!
KEEPER: Heh heh. Stop! What is your name?
ARTHUR: It is Arthur, King of the Britons.
KEEPER: What is your quest?
ARTHUR: To seek the Holy Grail.
KEEPER: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
ARTHUR: What do you mean? An African or European swallow?
KEEPER: What? I don't know that! Auuuuuuuugh!
BEDEMIR: How do know so much about swallows?
ARTHUR: Well, you have to know these things when you're a king you know.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

I love purple. My laptop is purple. That makes me happy.

Keeley said...

Purple laptops are where it's at. =)