Thursday, September 16, 2010

Visiting Teachers and Cycling Jerseys

If there's one thing more awesome than having a Visiting Teacher, it's having a Visiting Teacher who is perfectly willing to talk about things that Visiting Teachers don't normally talk about. I love my VT!!

In other news, there are a couple of things I need your help on.

Of course now that I have my bike I am in dire need - don't argue, yes I am - of a cycling jersey. Because. That's why.

Here are my favourites. Pretty please peruse the selection and indicate which one is the most faaabulous. Either that or send a link for one you prefer above all these here. I tried really hard to find a Gir or Zim cycling jersey but they don't exist. Isn't that just about the saddest thing you've ever heard?




Pros: At $40, it's the cheapest. The colours match my bike.
Cons: The white accents at the back are beautifully placed for a mud stripe when it rains. Bert says it looks like a whale.





Pros: midrange pricing. Nifty design. Bert approves of Primal Wear (the company that makes it)
Cons:






Pros: Pretty. Bert thinks so too.
Cons: Bloody expensive. I'm kinda meh about it.






Pros: Absolutely gorgeous art. White would be good in the summer.
Cons: Expensive. White would mean a lovely stripe up the back in rain. It's called "The Courtesan" so I'd have a prostitute on my back. Though perhaps most people wouldn't know the name of the artwork?






Pros: freaking awesome. Light colour good for hot weather wear.
Cons: Expensive. Also, although Bert loves the front, he's not so hot on the back. I think he said "Ugh!" Maybe it's a little weird to ride around with people kissing on your back? I love it though.


So, thoughts? Opinions?

5 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

I have to say, I'm partial to the black and white one. I like the sleek and simple design. The others seemed a bit busy to me, and I could imagine not wanting people to get too close to get a better look at the other designs while I was riding.

My opinion. You should pick the one you like. :o)

Peace and Laughter!

Anonymous said...

I like the black and white one too...and the last one

sunni said...

keely! i adore you!!!

personally, i would pay money to see you ride around with a prostitute on your back :) all kidding aside...i think you should choose whichever one will hide mud splatters. i remember being so horrified as a kid when i had mud up my back!!! matt is an avid biker. i won't tell you how much he has spent on bikes. but, he doesn't seem to have time to bike much now he has a family!

sunni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritsumei said...

I think my fav is the red stripy one - uh, the 2nd one. Though the Japanese art has a definite coolness factor.