Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sunday Scripture n flies

I am currently listening to my husband teach my 5yo how to rid the house of flies and it's absolutely hysterical. I'm so sorry you can't hear it. Quotes like

"The future of a fly-free house depends on you, Andrew"

and

"Teach 'em about the cycle of life, Andrew. Namely the death part."

and

"Scream for power, Andrew."

"DIE DIE DIE!!!"

doesn't sound funny when it's written in a web page but hearing the actual thing with the voice inflections is sooo funny.

And after every shout of triumph there's my little voice: "Please disinfect that when you're done." =D

Anyway, scripture for the week.


Jonah 2:2-6

I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me: out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.

I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.



Fleur's Translation
Life occasionally freaking sucks, but if you trust in the Lord you'll get through it ok and will be happy.


Today, in Fast and Testimony meeting, Cassie Peach (who has been through the refiner's fire lately) said simply. "It's ok. Please don't give up." That was just beautiful. Those six words brought comfort. I'm hurting pretty badly. But it's ok. I won't give up.

No comments: