Saturday, August 07, 2010

I'm pregnant!

Well no wonder I was so tired in my last post. I was pregnant. I am, in fact, still pregnant. =P Still in my first trimester. Luckily not so sick/tired as I was with my previous three. Thank goodness! I feel so blessed.

Unfortunately I began bleeding about a week after I found out I was pregnant and this has continued apace other than a day here and there. My Dr. has banned me from running until it all stops so I've not been out on the road for several weeks now. It's pretty depressing. The ultra I was training for is now totally out of the question. *sigh* Dang. =( I'm so sad about that.

The lack of running combined with the fact that I need to eat often in order to keep the nausea at bay has resulted in weight gain. *sigh*. All my clothes were very fitted which means that they now no longer fit. My daughter took me out shopping this week ("Mom, can I dress you? Let me dress you!") and we bought some maternity clothes. So here I am, about 9 or 10 weeks along, in maternity clothes. I feel very pretty and maternal in some of them. Awesomesauce.


In other news, for our family holiday we went to Virginia and had a fabulous time! =) Friday was driving (about 12-13 hours), Saturday was Virginia Beach, Sunday was church and Jamestown, Monday was Busch Gardens and Tuesday was the drive home. It was the perfect length for the holiday. Pictures possibly forthcoming as soon as I get them off the camera.


Since we got home I've been kickin' butt on the house. Yeah baby!!! It feels good to do that. It's starting to come into focus. Bert's nearly done with the wall in Emily's closet and is currently cleaning her carpet so we'll *finally* be able to move her back in there. Then we'll be able to move Bert back into his office and I'll *finally* have my bedroom back. I can't wait! =)

Soon we'll have to rearrange all the rooms again in order to put the baby somewhere. =) I'm looking forward to that.

I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner as mine's been falling apart for years, so this morning I bought a Shark Navigator. It seems to work just fine - definitely has more suction on carpets as my old Kenmore which cost twice as much 11 years ago.





Other news:
Emily sent her missionary off to the England London South mission. He's been gone about 4 weeks now; just 100 more weeks to go! She's currently driving down to South Carolina to see a friend of hers and hang out at the beach. It's a hard life.

Ben celebrated his birthday yesterday as his actual birthday is the first full day back at school. *SO* not fun. We bought him a guitar - an Ibanez Semi-Hollow Electric.






He bought a strap for it with money from Grandparents.



He's pretty much done nothing but jam on it ever since he got it. =)


Andrew is gearing up for "school" - that is, Tutorial on Mondays and homeschooling the rest of the week. It looks like it will be a fun year if I can a) get myself organized and b) not try to do too much. It's Kindergarten! It's meant to be fun! =)

Bert rode 89 miles today on his bike in preparation for his 100 mile bike ride in two weeks. Yeah. I know. EIGHTY-NINE miles. Astonishing. Back to work for him on Monday, and then he's off to Las Vegas on Tuesday. Boo. =(

3 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'm sorry it affects your running, but it is wonderful news! Perhaps you can do a little walking once you get the doctor's OK. {{{hugs}}}for you and prayers for a safe pregnancy!

Awesomesauce. You have to keep that one. :o)

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Grateful for Grace said...

Congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you.

Oh, I wish I could go to Jamestown. Was it wonderful?

Ritsumei said...

Congrats on the pregnancy - and on the successful gift! He looks way more comfortable with his guitar than I am with my banjo! Of course, whenever I get mine out, there's a certain almost-4-year-old who thinks it must be his "turn" to play. I'm guessing Ben doesn't have that problem, LOL! He picked out a lovely strap.