Saturday, November 07, 2009

running while sick

Did. Not. Enjoy. Run.


Was up in the night coughing. Felt tired and awful, but needed to run. Today was the last day of the last week of Robert Ullrey's couch-to-5k programme and there was NO WAY I was going to skip it.

I did, however, choose a different route so I didn't have to run extra.

It nearly killed me. For the first time I thought I really might vomit. I completed it through sheer force of will. Being incredibly stubborn can have its uses.

But I did it.

WHOOOOOOTTTT!

I am SOOOO proud of me. =) I felt awful. I'm sick and tired. I didn't want to do it. But I DID do it. =)

This run was as hard as week one of the cough-to-5k podcasts.


Soooooo......now what?

4 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Oh man, you're either my hero, or you're crazy. I'm leaning toward hero. Don't hurt yourself, OK?

Keeley said...

I'm totally crazy. What kind of stubborn idiot runs a 5k when she feels awful? An idiot who is really really really really really stinkin' stubborn, I suppose. There's nothing at all heroic about being a mule. =D =D

I'm worried, actually, that now I've reached the end of the podcasts I'll fall off the wagon because I won't have Ullrey telling me when to start and when to stop. It'll be interesting to see what happens this coming week.

jugglingpaynes said...

On the plus side, if you were able to run it while sick, you will likely be able to run it really well when you feel better.

Now you start training for marathons!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Keeley said...

Christina,

Your comment struck terror into my heart. OTOH, I'm already contemplating signing up for the local 1/2 marathon training that starts in January. But it still strikes terror into my heart, because I don't know if I can do it.