Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Scripture

Sorry I haven't done this in a while. =Þ

D&C 109:7-8
7 And as all have not faith, seek ye diligently and teach one another words of wisdom; yea, seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, seek learning even by study and also by faith
8 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing, and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;


Fleur's Translation:
Teach each other the good things about God from good books. Study these things, and have faith.
Organize yourself. Get ready for what's coming.
In your own home:
pray
fast (abstain from food and drink for 2 meals or 24 hours once a month)
have faith
learn good things
get your house in order
this will make your home feel wonderful, and God will be comfortable there.



I'm trying to do these things. I fail, most of the time. Thus I make plans and hope I won't fail with them. I ALWAYS fail, but I ALWAYS make plans. Hope springs eternal. I'm good at making plans - not so good at actually carrying them out. =Þ

I'm sorry, Ritsumei, I haven't even called the guys yet to clean the carpets so they're really bad. I apologize in advance. I wish we had hardwood floors throughout because then I could mop the little buggers and be all done.

ANYWAY

Here's my tentative new plan. I only pulled it together about five minutes ago so it needs tweaking, but this is the basic outline. I stole the outline from Jen, but then tweaked it quite a bit to fit me. Think it needs more tweaking, but that'll happen as I implement it. I was already doing some of the stuff, so that'll be easy to continue....it's the added stuff that will make life interesting. =) I'm sorry I said "tweaking" so much in this paragraph.


Morning Routine
Starts at 5.30am. Uggggghhhh. It's hard getting up that early but I'm always grateful I did it once I'm up.
Up, Teeth, Calendar, What's for Dinner?
Scriptures, Journal, Joseph Smith Book, Personal Progress
Feed Birds, Water Garden
Make breakfast, eat breakfast, Family Scripture Study, dishes, shine sink
15 minute zone, 15 minute papers, 15 minute pick up downstairs, 15 min daily task (listed below)
Andrew hair and teeth brushed, dressed, make bed
M: Home blessing
TWTHF:exercise
shower, clean bathroom, dress, make beds, prayer, make-up, laundry, dishes away
15 mins in one room.
Andrew's homeschool: Calendar, song, prayer, journal, geography, math, 100 easy lessons, Bob books, workbook, craft, play outside


Afternoon Routine
lunch, dishes, shine sink, clean counters, laundry, start dinner, Andrew's quiet time, pick up downstairs
1 hour study
1 hour emails
Andrew up, snack, play outside
MW: Errands TTH:Swimming F:Gym


Nighttime Routine
Finish making dinner
dinner, dishes, shine sink, clean counters, pick up downstairs
Andrew in bath, pick up upstairs, put away laundry
Andrew teeth and hair brushed, lotion, potty, pjs, pick up bedroom
Prayer, story, sleep


Monday Home Blessing: 10 mins each
Dust
Clean toilets
Clean window sills
Clean glass mirrors & doors
Toss last weeks mags & catalogs
Vacuum traffic areas
Change sheets

Emily vacuums all non-carpeted areas and brings all rubbish downstairs
Ben mops all non-carpted areas and takes out black bin



Tuesday: Get ready for shopping
Clean out refrigerator
Inventory food on hand
Make meal plan & grocery list
Clean out purse

Emily cleans her sink, toilet and mirror
Ben cleans downstairs sink, toilet and mirror, brings in black bin and takes out recycling.


Wednesday: Shopping and Joy School
Andrew to Joy School
Shopping
Put Shopping away

Emily cleans her shower and washes shower curtains
Ben picks up the floor in his room


Thursday
Catch up on what I wasn't able to do earlier in the week

Emily picks up the floor in her bedroom, putting all clothes neatly away.
Ben tidies his nightstand, table and dresser


Friday
Vacuum upstairs

Emily tidies her dressers and dusts
Ben vacuums his room and does his laundry


Saturday
Outside tasks
Family Fun Day

Emily vacuums her room, tidies her closet, and does her laundry, washing it, drying it, and PUTTING IT AWAY.


Cool things I want to do
make my own soap
make my own condiments
make my own cleaning products
make my own bread (Get a breadmaker? If so, which kind?)
get food storage in an organized manner
grow sprouts
somehow get my family to eat sprouts
get my family to eat ANYTHING healthy
take family bike rides
Make my own clothes
Learn how to match colours so my clothes don't look awful
improve my handwriting. Why can't I find a good handwriting class? I don't want to learn calligraphy, I just want my writing to look better.
get rid of cable and read together as a family.
keep the house clean, tidy, and guest-worthy at all times.
have frozen dinners in oven so we don't go out to eat as much.
finish Saxon Pre-Algebra, R&S 5 & WW8



Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

Hey - you've been reading FlyLady!! Don't forget her mantra: babysteps!!

Re: handwriting.

I got myself some pretty cool handwriting by playing around on a markerboard. I have a copy of "George Bickham's Penmanship Made Easy (Young Clerk's Assistant)." I'm pretty sure it's a Dover Thrift. Anyway. It's got a mess of cool calligraphic alphabets in it. Several of them work just fine in regular ball-point pen. So here's the fun part. Grab your markerboard and practice making letters until you like how it looks. Focus on the capitol letters, your regular cursive will likely look much prettier next to fancy capitol letters. Now, take it and pick out some copywork. Whatever you want. But do it like the kids are supposed to do: a little bit, regularly, with the emphasis on doing it perfectly. It won't take too long and you'll have some really pretty handwriting. And then you'll be able to choose: ordinary, every day writing, or fancied up cool writing. I'm thinking about doing this again and getting another "font" in my repertoire. Maybe Celtic-looking coolness.