Friday, November 07, 2008

Some good news

Ben was accepted into Bellevue Homeschool Tutorial and Enrichment

Woo Hoo!!!!

He'll go every Monday. They meet from 8.30am - 3.15pm, and it's an hour away so I will be spending 4 hours in my car that day.

Ouch.

Thank goodness Soccer is over because by the time we get home at 4.15/4.30pm I'm going to be POOPED.

Anyone know any frugal slow cooker (crockpot) recipes? I could really use them. =)

Anyway, so it's quite inexpensive as the classes are taught by volunteers - THANK YOU, VOLUNTEERS!!!! =) =) I think it will cost, on average, $100/month. Awesome! =)


This is Ben's schedule:
8:30 - 10:00: Art enrichment (no fee - hooray!)
10:05 - 11:35: Physical Science tutorial (which uses the textbook that Ben's already using - thank goodness! =))
11:40 - 12:05 Lunch
12:10 - 1:40: Language Arts 1 tutorial. This is actually a High School class but I think it will be good for Ben to work with a teacher other than me in this subject. He will also be able to see how the other students are doing and that may give him confidence. =) If need be, he can repeat this class next year. In fact, I expect he will repeat it.
1:45 - 3:15: Study Skills enrichment. This is a low-key class which will hopefully teach Ben how to study. =)


It will also be helpful for Ben to be away from Andrew and I for a day - and it will be good for Andrew and I to be away from Ben for a day.

All in all, I'm really hopeful that this will be a good move for us. Ben's nervous. I'm nervous that it won't be what we thought it was and we'll be disappointed. I pray it will be ok.

But it's been a hopeful spot in a rather depressing week. =)

No comments: