Thursday, October 30, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 2

I was going to do this once a week, but wanted to do it again today just cos.




FOR TODAY...Thursday October 30th 2008

Outside My Window...it's beautifully sunny, with not a cloud in the sky. It's nearly 60f out there. I should have taken Andrew to the park today but we read a bunch of books instead. I'll take him out tomorrow - or this afternoon if I find the time haha. There's not many lovely days left in the year.

I am thinking...about Ben and what on earth to do with him. The Lord has quietly suggested that I quit complaining about homeschooling being hard "Because", he gently said, "it's actually a privilege and a blessing." And, furthermore, there are many things in life rather more difficult and painful than homeschooling so I don't have a leg to stand on in the complaints department there. So I'm NOT complaining about homeschooling. I just don't know what to do with my middle son. Teenagers and I don't mix. (I don't mix? Me don't mix? It's "I" in that sentence, right?) That is, teenagers that have issued from my own body and I don't mix. Other teenagers I'm fine with. Maybe because those teenagers aren't nasty little sassy pants having a tantrum in their room destroying stuff. (I don't know what's happening, but he was up there in a massive huff and there's a lot of banging. Whatever. I am rolling my eyes in an incredibly mature fashion. *sigh*)

Later edit: It turns out Ben was, in his own words "Just lying in my bed sulking". It was ANDREW that was creating havoc up there. =D Ben says "But I was being a sass-box." =D


I am thankful for...repentance and patience and a gentle Saviour and Father in Heaven who put up with my bad parenting.

From the learning rooms...I actually homeschooled Andrew this morning! I couldn't find the blue book so we used the yellow book again and he's WAY more advanced than he was 6 months or so ago when we tried it. The lesson was sweet and easy. Then we read "There's a carrot in my ear", "The boy who was raised by librarians" and a wonderful book, "The way we do it in Japan." I cried at the last two books and loved the last one so much I may buy it.
Ben pretty much took care of his elective homeschooling this morning. We're meant to be doing math and English right now. It ain't happening. Maybe later.

From the kitchen...As a treat I made cheese quesadillas with guacamole. They were absolutely delicious and not very healthy. YUM! =) For dinner we're having salisbury steak, fries and peas. I'm not doing well on the healthy front today.

I am wearing...my favourite maternity pants. I joke not. I love these things, and they don't look like maternity pants. No, I'm unfortunately not pregnant. I'm also wearing my halloween top that I found in the after-halloween sales last year. =) I'm also wearing black socks and the purple slippers my parents gave me.

I am creating...a mess? Sometimes I think I'm such a crappy parent. Dang it. And I must be feeling really bad if I use a word like "Cr....". I don't normally swear like that.

I am going...to cry? Out of my mind? Let's be positive. I'm going to do better this afternoon.

I am reading...pretty much the same books as yesterday. I read Persuasion WAY too late last night though so I'm exhausted today.

I am hoping...that homeschooling will go well for the rest of the day.

I am hearing...Ben saying "I'm sorry". It's a beautiful sound. So I say it too. And peace is restored.

Around the house...it's actually looking better than yesterday! HOORAY! =) I spent an hour this morning picking up the living room and kitchen. It's not perfect, but it's better'n'nowt and it gives me hope that all the tomorrows will be progressively better. =)

One of my favorite things...is my Saviour. How could I possibly get through this life without Him?

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:see yesterday. Nothing has changed. =)

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


It's waaaay comfortable. =)

No comments: