Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Scripture

Alma 29:1-3

O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.




Fleur's Translation:

I wish I could tell the whole world with great power so that everyone would listen to me, "Hey! You lot! Will ya just be good already?? Follow Christ!" Because I know that if everyone in the world followed Christ there would be no more sorrow. Ever.

But I'm not an angel, and I can't speak with great power, and there's not a whole heck of a lot of people that listen to me. Maybe wishing this thing is prideful and that's a sin. I should be happy with the life the Lord has given me.

He hasn't made me an angel, but he's made me a mother, and that's just as important. Maybe more important in the long run. So I won't shout out with power to the whole world, but I will try to be humble and Christlike so that perhaps because of my little example, maybe one or two people will want to follow Christ themselves.

No comments: