Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Something I can never have

Bert's in California, which is a total bummer. I miss him so much when he's gone.

So I came across "Something I can never have" on youtube and it's so beautiful.

Until Mr. Reznor uses terrible language. I mean WHAT? Dude! Come on! Attempt to raise yourself out of a puerile sophomoric mode of communication will ya?

The thought has occurred over the past several days that I certainly have a large and wide destructive streak. I mean, why the heck would I be listening to NIN anyway? Hello? Mormon much? Just what is my problem anyway? It's like every so often I slip-slide down the slope and end up stuck in the tar of 1999.

I truly wonder about myself. When I'm covered in that sticky tar all of a sudden I'm playing the piano again and I have poetry running through my head and I feel electric. What the heck? Can I only be creative if I'm running counter to what I know is right and true?

It all goes to show: never make verbal plans to go to the Temple a week in advance, otherwise you really get it bad until you're drowning in temptation. I'm REALLY excited about going to the Temple tomorrow though. I haven't been in too long and I'm looking forward to it. =)





In other news, we had our homegrown version of Joy School this morning. I got a couple of cute pictures of the kidlets but I won't post 'em because I don't have their parents' permission. We learned about the body. I got big pieces of butcher paper and drew around the children. They pasted on a brain, heart and stomach. =D Then they coloured. They had SO much fun. =)


Here's the lyrics to that lovely (mostly) song...with the naughty word deleted. Looking at the lyrics isn't half as good as hearing the song though. Pity. Dang it. =(

To my husband; I miss you. Can't wait til you get home.


"I still recall the taste of your tears
echoing your voice just like the ringing in my ears
my favourite dreams of you still wash ashore
scraping through my head til I don't want to sleep anymore.

You make this all go away
You make this all go away
I'm down to just one thing
I'm starting to scare myself

You make this all go away
You make it all go away
I just want something
I just want something I can never have.

You always were the one to show me how
Back then I couldn't do the things that I can do now
This thing is slowly taking me apart
Grey would be the colour if I had a heart

Come on and tell me
You make this all go away
You make this all go away
I'm down to just one thing
I'm starting to scare myself

You make this all go away
You make it all go away
I just want something
I just want something I can never have.

In this place it seems like such a shame
Though it all looks different now
I know it's still the same
Everywhere I look you're all I see
Just a fading - reminder of who I used to be
Come on, tell me

You make this all go away
You make this all go away
I'm down to just one thing
I'm starting to scare myself
You make this all go away
You make it all go away
I just want something
I just want something I can never have.
I just want something I can never have."

No comments: