Sunday, June 22, 2008

Generally depressing list

1. So tired my head is swimming
2. Remember Emily's freakout almost exactly two years ago? That ain't nothin' compared to what she's put me through the past couple of days. I thought we were all DONE with this?
3. Someone told me today that parenting young adults was worse than parenting teenagers. Just Shoot. Me. Now.
4. I had plans to run away, but I have too many responsibilities next week. This SUCKS.
5. Ben's off to scout camp tomorrow - 5.30am. He's excited to get a break from the family. I'm excited for him as well. =) I hope he'll have a wonderful time.
6. What is with toddlers that won't stay in bed when you put them there?
7. I have decided that I really don't want any more children right now, thanks. Because those cute little babies turn into teenagers who rip out your heart, throw it on the floor, stomp on it, sneer at it, spit on it, then go tell all their friends how mean you are.

I'm fantasizing of driving off into the wild blue yonder in my wild blue van and leaving it all behind.....

....except Bert took the wheels off my van yesterday to fix the brakes...but couldn't find the parts...so the wheels are still off the van. So no running away for me.

3 comments:

carrie & troy keiser said...

Oh man!

Ritsumei said...

I hope things have improved since then... and if not, well, I'm bringing CUPCAKES soon!!

Keeley said...

They have definitely improved, thank goodness. =) Though Ben's coming back from scout camp today, and after a week with excessively rude young men I'm sure I'll have to re-civilize him. =D =D