Sunday, April 20, 2008

FLDS persecution

My soul and heart have been wracked over the plight of those poor little children forcibly removed from their homes at gunpoint in Texas. Every night I wonder how many of them are crying for their mothers? Is there anyone there to hold them? Their mothers aren't there to hold them, or wipe their tears, or comfort them. Can you imagine being a little six year old with chicken pox taken away from the family who love you, suffering at night, crying for your parents, feeling awful, and there's no-one there?

It tears at me. I am absolutely distraught over the whole situation.

And if the government can do that kind of thing there, what else can they do? Am I safe? Is my family safe? I certainly don't feel safe.

Maggie over at Frugal Abundance has this wonderful post with some really startling links. I did not know that police have now identified that the phone call was a fake! It was a total fake! Why haven't all the court proceedings then ended? Why aren't the children back with their parents?

There were some laws definitely being broken there...BUT NOT by little children!!! Interview the pregnant teens, and the girls who obviously had children while underage. Find out who the father was, charge him with statutory rape. DO NOT make innocent children suffer! They have nothing to do with it.

Oh I'm so angry and upset about this. Maggie does a fine job being more coherent...go read her post. And the comments too. Saffiyah's comment is especially insightful, as is a poem Maggie quoted by Pastor Martin Niemoller:

First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.


Another thing that drives me bananas is the fact that the media are going nuts saying how dreadful it is that these children are taught from a very young age to be obedient.

Um. So? Yes? Isn't this a GOOD thing? What the heck is wrong with being obedient?

No comments: