I was going to post a brilliant poem from More Charlotte Mason, but the book's upstairs and I just can't be bothered to get it. So I'm posting this thingie I picked up from Because I Said So. Feel free to use it on your blog.
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
I don't know. I have a VW van and the older children sit back there so I'm terrified to look.
2. When was the last time you threw up
I am SO thankful that I can't remember. The Lord is so gentle with me and kind to me. =)
3. What's your favorite curse word?
I try not to curse. Probably Dang or Bother or AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH.
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
Thus far: Andrew, Ritsumei's little boy showing the cup and fork, 60 things at Because I said So.
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Hahahahaha, I was IN BED. No kidding!!!!! In bed! Still snuggled down. Ooooohhhhhhh I LOVE snowdays. And I love days when Andrew deigns to get in bed with us so we don't have to get up and come downstairs with him. =)
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Folding, hanging, putting up laundry. I told Ben to clean the mirrors, toilets and sinks. I told Emily to vacuum. I, myself, picked up the house so she COULD vacuum. Took ages. =Þ Now I have a mountain of laundry. *sigh* But at least my must-do chore for the day is DONE. Hooray! =)
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Um. I dunno. (Think Spongebob accent as you say "I dunno" =D) 2.30pm? Perhaps maybe getting ready to go out and buy a birthday card to put the money in for Ben's friend...his party is tonight. (The friend is saving up for a computer, thus the money gift.) Or maybe reading a book. Or doing Andew's Homesool. Or maybe reading the scriptures? I dunno.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Er, no. Talk about a question to give you the heebiedabajeebies.
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Your phone was ringing and I didn't know whether you'd want me to pick it up or not so I didn't. It was Jolien."
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Peanut butter perfection from Cold Stone with peanut butter ice cream substituted for the chocolate.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
12. What are you wearing right now?
Ok...it's 11.30am....but I'm wearing my nightdress. I know. Shhhhhh. It's a snowday!
13. What was the last thing you ate?
3/4 cup total cereal 1/2 banana 1/2 cup non-sweetened soy milk.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Gag me, no.
15. When was the last time you ran?
The day before yesterday.
16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
Emily's swim meet.
18. Who is the last person you emailed?
19. Ever go camping?
20. Do you have a tan?
Um. Yeah, I think not. When I first came to America someone said to my husband "She's not from round here is she? I can tell by the alabaster white skin." Without make up on, I look like a ghost. I joke not. I'm almost albino I'm so white.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
When I drink it (hardly ever) yes.
25. What did your last IM say?
We don't do IM here.
26. Are you someone's best friend?
Of course - my husband's.
27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Homeschool. Valentine's day party at Chuck e cheese.....the place I swore I'd NEVER take Andrew to and I swore he'd go through his ENTIRE childhood and not even know what it was....yeah, that's the place where the homeschool Valentine's party is being held. *sigh* I can't even tell you how utterly bummed I am about it. It's going to cost me a fortune. Andrew will love it. Someone shoot me.
Then in the evening we have scouts.
28. Where is your mom right now?
In England, probably cleaning. My Mum is the most AMAZING homemaker. She really really knows how to make a home and how to keep it CLEAN. She's a big example to me. She's doing her spring cleaning right now...and when my Mum spring cleans, she SPRING CLEANS. When she tells me all the things she's been doing it makes me want to collapse in exhaustion just reading it.
29. Look to your left, what do you see?
A couch, a coffee table, a rocking chair, another rocking chair, four chairs that my son has brought in from the kitchen so he can mop, two windows, a cabinet that holds our DVDs, Scriptures on top of the cabinet, a light, three pictures of the children, curtains, tv, vcr, dvd player, ps2, various game playing paraphernalia including guitars, ddr mats and a broken steering wheel someone gave us because Andrew fell in love with it.
30. What color is your watch?
I don't wear one.
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?
Some of my family is there. Cool accent. Backwards taps. Cold summers. Hot winters. Desert.
32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Not on your patella. Unless I were in an accident and were horribly scarred, then yeah I wouldn't have a problem with that. But elective plastic surgery? Nope.
33. What is your birthstone?
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit thedrive thru?
I try to avoid fast food.
35.How many kids do you want?
Five? Seven? Ten? I'd love a parcel full of children. But *sigh* it's not to be. =(
36. Do you have a dog?
37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Christie Facer telling me Graham was just out of surgery and was really groggy. Hahahaha! At first I typoed "Grotty" instead of "Groggy". I guess he was FEELING grotty. =D
38. Have you met anyone famous?
Yes. Can't think who for a moment, but I know I have. Oh wait! Not really "met", but I chatted a bit with Orson Scott Card online.
39. Any plans today?
Not really. I should make some otherwise I'm going to sit on my bum all day.
40. How many states have you lived in?
Lived in four: Utah, California, Michigan, Tennessee. Been to many others.
41. Ever go to college?
Well, I've taken several classes at College but I don't have anything to show for it. It's been really really bugging me. I desperately need a degree.
42. Where are you right now?
In the living room. We put the computer in a very public place so everyone can see exactly what you're doing.
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
Lots of email. My general laziness. Several other things that I'm too brain dead to think of right now. Lack of money. So many things I want to do, so many places I want to see, no money to do it. =( The house is too big for me to handle. We have too much STUFF but I have an inability to let go of it. The economy is killing me. We can't sell the house and buy something smaller/more affordable because houses aren't selling. Man, that question just totally bummed me out.
44. Last song listened to?
Probably "still alive" or Bach's "Sheep shall safely graze"
46. Are you allergic to anything?
Yes, Penicillin, tetracyclin, chloromycetin, erithroniacin, all sulfa-type drugs. Cats.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Lilac tennis shoes I got on sale for $5 from payless.
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Yeah, totally. It's a bad thing about myself. =(
50. Is anyone jealous of you?
I sincerely doubt it.
51. What time is it?
52. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes, most of them. At least two or three of them have at least 8.
53. Do you eat healthy?
Surely that should read "Do you eat healthily?" I do indeed, eat healthily.
54. What do you usually do during the day?
55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Oh dear, I do hope not. Maybe the closest is Obama...but it's not that I hate him more that he scares the pants off me.
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
38? Yes, I think I'll be 38. I was born in 1969 soooo.....no! Wait! It's 2008, right? Dang! I'm-a-gonna be 39!
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No, but Bert and the children have. I stayed home with the baby. =)
60. How did you get one of your scars?
Operation on my left wrist to remove a ganglion cyst...twice.