Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh MAN!

I've been doing really well on the not-eating-chocolate thing and was so proud of myself. =)

This morning was primary inservice where they served chocolate muffins and doughnuts and stuff. Did I eat any? No. HOORAY! =) I ate fruit and stuff. Then I noticed they had hot chocolate and poured myself some.

Half way through the cup I suddenly jumped up and yelled "ACK!" I had TOTALY FORGOTTEN that I wasn't having any chocolate. And here I was, happily sipping hot chocolate. Where was my brain?

I was SO mad and disappointed in myself. I mean, if I'd been craving chocolate and caved in it would have been one thing, but to have to reset my chocolate ticker simply because I forgot is sooooo frustrating. *sigh* =(

In other news, my family jumped right in and totally helped me clean the house today. It's not perfect, but it's SO much better than it was. Hooray. =)

I finished moving the boys into their room. Last Saturday we switched beds etc. Today I switched wardrobes. Bert and I also moved the train table upstairs, which makes the living room bigger but the boys' room SO much smaller. Furthermore, there is no room for all the toys. ACK.

I have yet to clear off the shelf in the boys' closet though, so once I do that I can move some items up there and hopefully make room for the toys. I think I'll get a tub to store under the train table also. That will help. =) I know I should probably just get rid of a bunch of toys, but I feel like I've pared it down to the minimum as it is. Spoiled? Nah, just well loved. =)

2 comments:

Sondra said...

I'm sorry that you forgot and drank the cocoa. But don't be too hard on yourself, at least you have a chocolate ticker. It's a hard thing to kick. I'm afraid that if there's chocolate in my house I eat it.

Keeley said...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm totally addicted to chocolate. Well, sugar, actually.

I think it's only the fact that I know at Christmas I'll be able to eat chocolate again that's keeping me going. Maybe in the New Year I'll set the time period a bit longer. Or not. =Þ