Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bert and I have been really enjoying reading Terry Pratchett's books lately. Except for all the anti-religious stuff which just makes me go AGGGH, and except for all the bad language which I edit out with humorous inserts of my own =Þ it's really funny.

I've just finished "Feet of Clay" which Bert bought me for my birthday. It's a Watch book - my fave. I'm just crazy about Corporal Carrot Ironfoundersson.

I've just been snorting and giggling at a bit at the end of the book. It's probably not wise to share it as it probably doesn't make any sense at ALL unless you've read the book, but I think it's funny and this is my blog and thus I shall share it. Apologies in advance to those who think its really boring and fall asleep drooling on the keyboard because of the tediousness of it all.

However, for those who know Vimes and Vetinari...enjoy. Hehehe. =) =)


Lord Vetinari fell silent for a moment. His fingers drummed softly on his desk. "Many fine old manuscripts in that place, I believe. Without price, I'm told."
(Vimes) "Yes sir. Certainly worthless, sir."
"Is it possible you misunderstood what I just said, Commander?"
"Could be, sir."
"The provenances of many splendid old families went up in smoke, Commander. Of course, the Heralds will do what they can, and the families themselves keep records but frankly, I understand, its all going to be patchwork and guesswork. Extremely embarrassing. Are you smiling, Commander?"
"It was probably a trick of the light, sir."
"Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you."
"Sir?"
"It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are Authority."
"Sir?"
"That's practically Zen."
"Sir?"
"It seems I've only got to be unwell for a few days and you manage to upset everyone of any importance in this city."
"Sir."
"Was that a 'yes, sir' or a 'no, sir,' Sir Samuel?"
"It was just a 'sir', sir."
Vetinari glanced at a piece of paper. "Did you really punch the president of the Assassins' Guild?"
"Yes, sir."
"Why?"
"Didn't have a dagger, sir."


Actually, it reads "Vimes glanced at a piece of paper." However, it only make sense if it's Vetinari glancing at the paper. It's fun to find mistakes in books. =)

2 comments:

G. Parker said...

What a hoot...and I hope your daughter had a great bday. My son is 17 and I wish his head was on as straight...lol Have a good one.

Keeley said...

Thank you so much! I think she's having a good one; the YW president and Laurel's president kidnapped her half an hour ago to force her to eat high fat ice cream. =) =) How can you top that?

(Of course, the obvious answer is "with nuts and caramel sauce....=Þ)

Hope the Lord blesses you with patience. Someone sent me a quote a while ago, "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your teenagers"

Hold on.

Ok, here we go, found a page that will, I hope, help you giggle. =)

http://www.all-creatures.org/humor/whygod.html